📈 We're seeing all-time record levels of activity on the platform as the country makes plans to get back together again! As a result, we're making a number of hires in the team to help us push towards our bold vision of allowing anyone to organise their dream event in minutes, not months.
We're looking for an expert Backend Software Engineer to join our talented engineering team and help us to make this vision a reality.
Add to Event is an award-winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from Arabian tents to wood-fired pizza caterers. We’ve been used for everything from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan.
As a backend software engineer at Add to Event, you’ll be working within a talented team to build beautiful web applications used by hundreds of thousands of users.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time, as we move away from a large monolith to microservice oriented architecture. As part of this project, we’re rebuilding several back-end applications including our core marketplace, taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies to deliver a best in-class app for both event organisers and suppliers.
The key focus of the role will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to research and write microservices at the heart of the companies ecosystem, a challenging but exciting job.
You'll have an opportunity to grow your skills utilising the latest in cloud computing such as serverless and managed cloud services.
- Delivering complete back end microservices
- Writing, testing and documenting code
- Working closely with the product team to establish requirements for new features
- Planning and estimating work and following through to delivery
What we're looking for
You should be looking for a new challenge where you’ll get to use your full-breadth of skills and have a hunger to learn all of the latest tools and techniques to help push our platform forward.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable experience writing self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in node.js
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Docker knowledge
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with Git and CI processes
- Experience working with and defining Rest APIs
- SQL & NoSQL databases
- Security conscious, knowledgeable of best practices around building secure applications
- Quality-led approach to development (TDD and BDD)
- Comfortable in a cloud computing environment
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience working on marketplace apps
- Firebase or Google Cloud experience
Team & Benefits
We're a small but mighty team with a passion for building and scaling products that make a positive impact. We have 5 core values that underpin everything we do. You can expect a talented and ambitious team who also like to have fun - whether that's regular lunchtime games or creative Christmas parties.
- Competitive Salary
- We offer 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working - we are currently all working remotely (from home or co-working spaces) and are big advocates of remote-first and asynchronous working practices - you won't find back-to-back Zoom meetings here! We plan to have a London HQ later this year for in-person working, meetings and collaboration but we welcome applications from those looking to work mostly remote.
- Equipment - We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook, monitor, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
- Learning and Development - we fully support your professional development, whether that's paying for new tools, books, courses or coaches.
- Mental health support - we want to ensure everyone in the company has the access they need to mental health support so we provide free access to therapy sessions via Spill
- Regular socials - we're a social bunch and during the pandemic the team put on a wide array of fun socials. Now that restrictions are starting to ease off we're planning in-person meet ups again and our first company retreat is planned for September!
- Company retreats - we're taking the whole company away on our first retreat in September consisting of outdoor activities, workshops, games, and plenty of fantastic food and drink!