📈 We're seeing all-time record levels of activity on the platform as the country makes plans to get back together again! As a result, we're making a number of hires in the team to help us push towards our bold vision of a world where anyone can organise their dream event in minutes, not months. We're looking for an experienced Head of Finance to guide the business along our path to making this vision a reality.
Add to Event is an award-winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from Arabian tents to wood-fired pizza caterers. We’ve been used for everything from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan.
This role would suit a technically strong finance specialist looking for an exciting new opportunity where you’ll get to use your hard-earned skills to make a real impact in a fast growing startup.
We’ll expect you to continue to develop a scalable finance function and make smart decisions on when to hire, when to outsource and when to just pitch in yourself across all of your responsibilities.
As a key member of an ambitious startup, we’re looking for someone who is keen to take on new challenges and would relish the opportunity of growing quickly with the business.
As part of your role you'll:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations for the company and handle all financial related queries.
- Streamline the bookkeeping process and ensure Xero is always up to date.
- Work with our payroll provider to manage payroll for our growing team.
- Work with the team to manage budgets and business costs.
- Manage our annual budget and forecasting model and work with founders to model new revenue streams.
- Assist in producing investment materials, investor updates and board meeting packs.
- Play a key role in future fundraising rounds.
- Work closely with our management team, founders and advisors on strategic areas.
- Interface regularly with our external accountancy resources
- Investigate opportunities for grants such as R&D tax credits and manage the process to claim
The Right Person
You should apply for the role if you:
- Are excited by what we’re doing here at Add to Event!
- Are ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with 2+ years post qualification experience.
- Have experience in leading an in house finance function.
- Have worked within leadership/management teams
- Have experience working in a technology startup environment (preferable).
- Have solid analytical skills and are advanced in Excel
- Have experience/knowledge of the modern accounting software landscape - including software such as Xero, Stripe, Receipt Bank.
- Have strong problem-solving skills and good judgement.
- Have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Maintain a strong work ethic, with the ability to juggle a busy workload and take responsibility for your own work.
Team & Benefits
We're a small but mighty team with a passion for building and scaling products that make a positive impact. We have 5 core values that underpin everything we do. You can expect a talented and ambitious team who also like to have fun - whether that's regular lunchtime games or creative Christmas parties.
- Competitive Salary
- We offer 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working - we are currently all working remotely (from home or co-working spaces) and are big advocates of remote-first and asynchronous working practices - you won't find back-to-back Zoom meetings here! We plan to have a London HQ later this year for in-person working, meetings and collaboration but we welcome applications from those looking to work mostly remote.
- Equipment - We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook, monitor, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
- Learning and Development - we fully support your professional development, whether that's paying for new tools, books, courses or coaches.
- Mental health support - we want to ensure everyone in the company has the access they need to mental health support so we provide free access to therapy sessions via Spill
- Regular socials - we're a social bunch and during the pandemic the team put on a wide array of fun socials. Now that restrictions are starting to ease off we're planning in-person meet ups again and our first company retreat is planned for September!
- Company retreats - we're taking the whole company away on our first retreat in September consisting of outdoor activities, workshops, games, and plenty of fantastic food and drink!