📈 We're seeing all-time record levels of activity on the platform as the country makes plans to get back together again! As a result, we're making a number of hires in the team to help us push towards our bold vision of allowing anyone to organise their dream event in minutes, not months.
We're looking for a Head of People to guide us through our next phase of growth by attracting and onboarding the very best talent and helping to make Add to Event an incredible place to work as we scale.
Add to Event is an award-winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from Arabian tents to wood-fired pizza caterers. We’ve been used for everything from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan.
The role would suit someone looking for an exciting opportunity to come in to a fast moving business and put in to place the foundations of a world class people operations function.
Our people are the most important thing to our business which is why we're looking for someone experienced to come in and work with us directly to set up frameworks and processes that will scale with the business as we grow.
You will report directly into and work very closely with the founders and leadership team. We’ll expect you to have the drive to build a scalable remote-first people function and have a clear idea of the kind of tools, practices and policies you’d like to introduce.
As part of this role you'll:
- Take ownership of the recruitment cycle for key roles through sourcing, screening and interviewing.
- Work within the management team to develop our people strategy and support a high-performance culture.
- Be responsible for the employee lifecycle, from candidate experience to an incredible onboarding process to the celebration of milestones.
- Work with managers to develop key people frameworks: performance management, career progression and learning & development.
- Manage and develop the team handbook, HR policies and management guidelines.
- Be a trusted advisor on people-related issues to team members across the company
- Help to further develop culture by designing and managing policies, perks and team activities ensuring we remain a fun and inclusive place to work as we grow.
The Right Person
You should apply for the role if you:
- Are excited by what we’re doing here at Add to Event!
- Are well organised, detail oriented and enjoy project work.
- Are approachable, empathetic and thrive as part of a team.
- Value diversity and the importance of a fun and inclusive culture.
- Have a natural skill for working with others and co-ordinating to get work done.
- Pride yourself on excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Put in place practices to keep the team integrated whilst working remotely.
- Are excited about how you can integrate our values into everything we do at Add to Event
This is a flexible role and we will consider part-time working for the right candidate.
Team & Benefits
We're a small but mighty team with a passion for building and scaling products that make a positive impact. We have 5 core values that underpin everything we do. You can expect a talented and ambitious team who also like to have fun - whether that's regular lunchtime games or creative Christmas parties.
- Competitive Salary
- We offer 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working - we are currently all working remotely (from home or co-working spaces) and are big advocates of remote-first and asynchronous working practices - you won't find back-to-back Zoom meetings here! We plan to have a London HQ later this year for in-person working, meetings and collaboration but we welcome applications from those looking to work mostly remote.
- Equipment - We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook, monitor, and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
- Learning and Development - we fully support your professional development, whether that's paying for new tools, books, courses or coaches.
- Mental health support - we want to ensure everyone in the company has the access they need to mental health support so we provide free access to therapy sessions via Spill
- Regular socials - we're a social bunch and during the pandemic the team put on a wide array of fun socials. Now that restrictions are starting to ease off we're planning in-person meet ups again and our first company retreat is planned for September!
- Company retreats - we're taking the whole company away on our first retreat in September consisting of outdoor activities, workshops, games, and plenty of fantastic food and drink!