Our Privacy Promise
We promise to keep your data safe and private. We promise not to sell your data and to give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
When we collect information about you as a Supplier or as an Organiser
We may collect personal information from you during your use of the website, such as when you register for an account or when you participate in surveys. We may also collect information when you opt-in to newsletters, when you request a quote or when you submit a quote. We may also collect personal information when we speak to you on the phone and via live chat on the website.
Additionally, we may collect personal information when you make a purchase, when you fill out any forms, when you write your own content and when you communicate with us or other users through the website.
What information we collect about you as a Supplier
As a Supplier (a user who provides event services), the type of personal information that we collect includes:
- Email address
- Home or business telephone number
- Home or business address
- Date of birth
Additionally to verify your business or to complete your account we may collect:
- Insurance information
- Photographs of your business
- Video or audio files
- In certain circumstances, payment or identity verification information
We may also collect information specific to services you are offering through the website, such as service descriptions, qualifications, VAT number, company type and business credentials.
What information we collect about you as an Organiser
As an Organiser (a user who submits a service request for an event) we collect information on you and your event to ensure you receive the most relevant quotes from suppliers. The type of personal information that we collect includes:
- Email address
- Home or business telephone number
- Home or business address
- Details regarding your event
When we disclose your Personal Information as a Supplier or as an Organiser
If you are an Organiser who has submitted an event request, which contains personal information regarding an event, we will not share this information with a Supplier, until they have agreed to quote on the request. Only Suppliers who are interested in providing services for your event will be able to contact you regarding the event request.
We may also share the information that we collect from you through the website with internal employees, if necessary and also according to law, at the request of a law enforcement agency or in compliance with any court order.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions or where there is any change of control of Add to Event, user information may be among the transferred assets.
We want to communicate with you
We may send promotional emails to you, only if you have provided us with consent via opting in. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. If you opt-out, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
How we use your Personal Information as a Supplier or as an Organiser
Here is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so.
Purpose 1: Providing the functionality of our platform. We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Examples: To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. To ensure that our website functions properly and is optimised for your computer or device and to store your preferences and settings. To enable you to register for our services and to verify your identity and authority to use our services.
Purpose 2: Accomplishing our business purposes. We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate interest, or with your consent.
Examples: For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our services and the platform. For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyber-attacks or attempts to commit identity theft. For developing new products, features or services and for enhancing, improving or modifying our platform. For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our platform are of most interest to users. For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our platform are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests. For legal compliance. In rare circumstances, we may have to use and disclose information we have about our users in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims under applicable law. For customer support and to respond to your inquiries. For internal record-keeping purposes, to process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment service providers in connection with the website.
Purpose 3: To share marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. We engage in this activity with your consent, or to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Examples: To send promotional emails regarding new products, website features, improvements or new services and/or to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested. For market research purposes, including the customisation of the website according to your interests.
Purpose 4: Analysis of personal information for business reporting and providing personalised services. We provide personalised services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Examples: For other research and analytical purposes and to resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the website, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the website. For aggregating and anonymising information collected through the website. For reviewing, scanning, or analysing your communications on the website for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes.
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
Your data, your rights
The following is a list of the rights you have under Data Protection legislation. Not all these rights apply in all circumstances but we will be happy to explain this to you at the time you ask.
- You have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible way about how we use your personal information.
- You can make what is called a subject access request for a copy of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right in some circumstances to have the data you have provided to us sent to you or provided to another person or business in an electronic machine-readable format.
- You have the right to have inaccurate information corrected and incomplete information completed. If the information we need to deliver our services to you changes please tell us about this as soon as possible. If you would like to review, correct or update personal information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may log in to your account, click on “Settings” and update your information. For example, if you would like to change your address or phone number.
- You will normally have the right to object to how we intend to use your information based on your individual circumstances. You have an absolute right to object to us using your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing at any time.
Erasure & Restriction
- You have a right to have some or all of the information we hold about you erased in some circumstances. This is known as the right to be forgotten. If you have objected or complained about how we have used your information or its accuracy you may not want it to be deleted until your complaint has been resolved. In certain circumstances, you can ask for your data to be restricted or not used until these issues are resolved.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, please contact the DPO and we will respond within 28 calendar days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may keep your data for up to 10 years after you stop being an Organiser or a Supplier. The reasons we may do this are:
- To respond to a question or complaint, or to show whether we gave you fair treatment
- To adhere to Data protection rules
- To obey rules that apply to us about keeping records
Links to other websites
Last updated: 16th May 2018
Getting in touch
If you would like to get in touch relating to privacy and data protection, please email [email protected] or if you would like to contact us via post, the Data Protection Officer can be reached at the following address:
Add to Event Limited,
Attn: Data Protection Officer,
27 New Dover Road,
We will get back to you within 28 calendar days within receipt of the letter or email.
How to complain
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information.
You can contact us by emailing [email protected]. You also have the right to complain to the regulator and to lodge an appeal if you are not happy with the outcome of a complaint.
In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern.